What Information Does Valpo Shelter Gather?
The privacy of our clients and our site visitors at Valpo Shelter is essential to us. This is why we clearly show you our policies and believe in complete transparency. As technology and the world around us changes, we will continue to update these policies to inform you better. Check back often to see the latest updates to our policies. If you wish, you can always contact us requesting the latest information and to be notified of changes through our online contact page.
We want to start by stating we will not sell your information. Any information we gather is solely for our use in providing a more customized user experience and take care of you as someone interested in our products and services or as an active client of Valpo Shelter.
Cookies & Location Information
- Site Cookie - these cookies are used only on this site and related to tracking your being logged into the system and seeing how we can better improve our offerings for customer needs.
- Google/Third-party Cookie - We utilize Google Analytics and Google Ads on our site to track what pages you go to and in what order you visit the pages. On top of that, we use a variety of programs like HotJar, MailMunch, Facebook Pixel, and other programs to provide you an enhanced service.
We have absolutely no problems if you opt to block cookies on the site. By doing so some services may be limited or not available. All of the public functions of the site are available without cookies.
Mailing Lists / Downloadable Documents
You are allowed to subscribe to our newsletters and/or download documents/information from our site. In these cases we will ask for your email address and sometimes your name and contact information. This information is so that we can let you know of new products and services that we have available as well as tips and tricks to help you grow your business online. You can always unsubscribe from any email list you signed up for at any time.
We encourage our competitors to get this information as well as we know you are curious as to how great or product is and why so many love our products and services.
When you register an account with us at Valpo Shelter we ask for basic information, such as your name, email address, address, and phone number, and payment information if you are going to be the person paying for services or using our site as part of a membership portal. This will also require the providing of a business card to our QuickBooks account or a checking account number for billing purposes.
Surveys & Polls
Throughout the lifecycle of being a client with Valpo Shelter we will send out surveys seeing how we can better serve you and provide a better client experience. These surveys and polls are not anonymous as we will at a minimum gather your IP address and we do know who is filling out the information.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
We utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to log all support requests as well as work that we do for you. This information is always available to you 24x7 as one of our clients. Within this system we keep track of your domain expiration dates and other important information so that we can proactively give you the highest level of customer satisfaction as well as provide you access to see what we are doing on your account. You are able to add new tasks and information as well for requesting additional services and support from us.
Sharing of Information
Although we will not sell your information we will provide it to certain organizations based on legal needs. These are:
- Court Orders - When we receive a legal court order we will first validate it for being a legal document and what is the minimal amount of information we have to provide. Based on what the order states we will either let you know or not as some orders do not allow us to disclose requests from the courts.
- Illegal Activities - If at anytime we learn that you are doing illegal activities we will be immediately turning your items off and making an archive of that information. This information will be immediately provided to law enforcement. Any illegal activities go against every policy that we have. This is a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy.
Any attempt to undermine or cause harm to a server, server or website performance, or customer, of Valpo Shelter is strictly prohibited.
Unauthorized use of other people's accounts or computers is strictly prohibited. Valpo Shelter will strongly react to any use, or attempted use, of an internet account or computer without the owner's authorization. Such attempts include: "internet scamming" (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, etc.
Any unauthorized use of accounts or computers by a Valpo Shelter customer, whether or not the attacked account or computer belongs to Valpo Shelter, will result in action against the attacker. Possible actions include warnings, account suspension or cancellation, and civil or criminal legal action, depending on the seriousness of the attack.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Valpo Shelter has the right to discontinue service, or deny access to anyone who violates the agreements outlined on this or any other agreement page. No refunds or fees paid will be made if account termination is due to violation of the terms outlined in this agreement.
Customers may not run IRC, bots or clients on Valpo Shelter's servers beyond that of chat clients utilized within a website. Unacceptable uses also include, but are NOT limited to: Bulk emailing, unsolicited emailing, newsgroup spamming, pornographic content, adult content, illegal content, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, warez, cracks, software serial numbers, and/or anything else determined by Valpo Shelter to be unacceptable use of Valpo Shelter's services including abuse of server resources.
All hosting accounts may be terminated for any of the following:
- Non-payment of services.
- Blatant expressions of bigotry, racism or hatred.
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, or promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual.
- Displaying material that exploits children under 18 years of age.
- Displaying material that exploits adults over the age of 18.
- Violating any local or federal laws.
- Acts of copyright infringement including offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs, or any type of cracker utilities.
- Exporting encryption software that is not allowed to be exported outside the United States.
Unsolicited Email (Spam)
Unsolicited commercial advertisements (spam) are not allowed in e-mail. Valpo Shelter takes a zero-tolerance approach to spam originating from our servers or for spam advertising of domains hosted on our servers. All email servers have anti-spam safeguards in place and we are notified whenever these actions happen.
The following activities are not allowed:
- Unsolicited bulk or commercial messages ("spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk mailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, and political or religious tracts. Such messages may only be sent to those who have explicitly requested it from your domain.
- Forging, altering or removing electronic mail headers is prohibited. Any domain sending stealth spam will be terminated without warning and without refund.
- Sending numerous copies of the same or substantially similar message with the intent to disrupt a server or account ("mail bombing").
- Spamming Newsgroups: Commercial advertisements are unwelcome in most Usenet discussion groups and on most e-mail mailing lists. Inappropriate posting may result in account cancellation. See the newsgroup or mailing list's charter for whether advertising is allowed or not. "Spamming," or sending a message to many different off-topic newsgroups, is particularly unethical and will be treated as such.
- Mail may not be used to harass or intimidate others. Harassment, whether through language, frequency of messages, or size of messages, is prohibited. Sending a single unwelcome message may be considered harassment. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail, you must not send that person any further messages.
- Providing spamware (software used to send bulk email or software used to harvest email addresses) or links to sites providing spamware is strictly prohibited and subject to demand for removal or account cancellation.
Server Resource Abuse
Server resource abuse include, but are not limited to, the use of: CGI, Perl, XSS, Sendmail, mySQL, MSSQL, PHP, ASP, ASP.Net, CFML, HTTP, SMTP, POP3 and FTP. If server resource abuse is detected, possible actions include, but are not limited to: disabling of the offending script or scripts, disabling of the specific service, disabling of the entire account or account cancellation. If server overload is a result of server resource abuse, these actions will be taken without prior notice or warning.
Adult content, pornography and sex-related merchandising are prohibited within the Valpo Shelter Network. This includes sites that may infer sexual content or link to adult content elsewhere.
Because the internet is a global communication tool, it is difficult to dictate what is considered "adult content." It is not our function to discriminate against those who choose to utilize adult content or adult related material. However, Valpo Shelter has chosen to enforce its "no adult sites/products," policy.
Valpo Shelter reserves the right to monitor activity on our servers and network for the purposes of integrity, security, performance, reliability, and good business practices. By becoming a client, you consent to such monitoring of files, applications, internet traffic and any other content uploaded or recived through the Valpo Shelter network or servers.
Any attempt to circumvent, alter, or otherwise bypass our ability to accurately monitor our services is prohibited and can result in a termination of services, without any possibility of a refund.
Harassment and Abuse
Valpo Shelter will not tolerate abuse of any kind towards it's employees. This includes verbal harassment, yelling, swearing, rudeness, threats, or any intentionally disruptive behavior directed at Valpo Shelter or any of it's employees or agents. You agree to engage Valpo Shelter employees in a professional manner whether in email, support tickets, live chat, forums, or telephone calls. You agree that any abuse originating from you toward a Valpo Shelter employee for any reason, even regarding a breach by Valpo Shelter, will be construed as a violation of this agreement. No refunds will be provided for any service termination which arises as a result of a violation of this clause.
Liability and Obligations on Cancellation
If the agreement expires or is cancelled for any reason, Valpo Shelter is not liable to you because of the expiration or cancellation for compensation, reimbursement or damages on account of the loss of prospective profits, anticipated sales, goodwill or on account of expenditures, investments, leases or commitments in connection with your business, or for any other reason whatsoever flowing from the termination or expiration.
If you terminate this agreement, Valpo Shelter will not relieve you of any obligations to pay fees and costs accrued before the termination date or any other amounts you owe to Valpo Shelter under this agreement.
Not paying any outstanding balance does not end just because you cancelled services with Valpo Shelter.
IP Address Information
Valpo Shelter administers the network on which customer servers reside. The customer cannot use IP addresses which were not assigned to them by Valpo Shelter staff. A dedicated IP address, that will be released to the client can be done for a fee if the hosting server allows the transfer of the IP address. Not all hosting providers allow this. Before you receive this Valpo Shelter will receive written authorization and provided to you if this is available. Otherwise the any dedicated IP address will be released back to the hosting provider.
Material and Product Requirements
You must ensure that all material and data placed on Valpo Shelter's equipment is in a condition that is "server-ready," which is in a form requiring no additional manipulation by Valpo Shelter which could interfere with any other site on the server. Any software installed needs to have appropriate licensing and proof of ownership provided. Valpo Shelter will make no effort to validate any of this information for content, correctness or usability. It is up to you to provide us this information upon being installed.
Use of the Services requires a certain level of knowledge in the use of internet languages, protocols and software. This level of knowledge varies depending on the anticipated use and desired content of your Web site. You must have the necessary knowledge to create and maintain a website. Valpo Shelter does not provide this knowledge or customer support outside of the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
Material accessible to you through Valpo Shelter's Services may be subject to protection under the United States or other copyright laws, or laws protecting trademarks, trade secrets or proprietary information. Except when expressly permitted by the owner of such rights, you must not use Valpo Shelter or its servers and network in a manner that would infringe, violate, dilute or misappropriate any such rights, with respect to any material, which you access or receive through the Valpo Shelter Network. If you use a domain name in connection with Valpo Shelter or similar service, you must not use that domain name in violation of any trademark, service mark, or similar rights of any third party.
Customers may not use the Valpo Shelter Network with an attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the customer, logging into a server or account the customer is not expressly authorized to access, password cracking, probing the security of other networks in search of weakness, or violation of any other organization's security policy. Customers may not attempt to interfere or deny service to any user, host, or network. This includes, but is not limited to, flooding, mail bombing, or other deliberate attempts to overload or crash a host or network.
Valpo Shelter will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations. Users who violate system or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. You are solely responsible for any security breaches affecting servers or accounts under your control. If your server or website is responsible for or involved in an attack on or unauthorized access into another server or system; Valpo Shelter will shut it down immediately. You will pay any charges resulting from the cost to correct security breaches affecting Valpo Shelter or any of its other customers.
You will be solely responsible for the development, operation and maintenance of your online store and products and all contents and materials appearing online or on your products, including without limitation:
- The accuracy and appropriateness of content and materials appearing within the store or related to your products.
- Ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the store or related to your products do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party.
- Ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the store or related to your products are not libelous or otherwise illegal. You will be solely responsible for the final calculation and application of shipping and sales tax. You will also be solely responsible for accepting, processing, and filling any customer orders, and for handling any customer inquiries or complaints arising there from.
- You are also responsible for the security of any customer credit card numbers and related customer information you may access as a result of conducting electronic commerce transactions through your website. You will keep all such information confidential and will use the same degree of care and security as you use with your confidential information.
Dynamic & Static Content Caching
You expressly grant to Valpo Shelter a license to cache the entirety of your website, including content supplied by third parties, hosted by Valpo Shelter under this agreement. You expressly agree that such caching is not an infringement of any of your intellectual property rights or any third party's intellectual property rights.
Valpo Shelter reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Customers may only use Valpo Shelter's servers for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to copyrighted material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, and material protected by trade secrets. The designation of any materials as such described above is left entirely to the discretion of Valpo Shelter management. Regardless of the place of signing this agreement, the client agrees that for purposes of venue and jurisdiction this contract was entered into and performed in Porter County, Indiana, and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in Porter County, Indiana. Customer further waives all objections to venue or jurisdiction and acknowledges that venue and jurisdiction in any such litigation will be held in Porter County Courts. IN NO EVENT SHALL Valpo Shelter's MAXIMUM LIABILITY EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED ($500.00) DOLLARS.